The Employment Resource Centres, funded by Employment Ontario, offer a self directed environment with all the resources you need to successfully complete a job search. Upon entering the Employment Resource Centres to begin your job search, the Employment Resource Centre Assistant will show you all of the Employment Resource Centre services.
Further assistance is available by appointment to meet with an Employment Service Facilitator to introduce and complete a Return to Work Action Plan. This will identify how the Employment Service Facilitator will assist you to co-ordinate your job search, answer any questions you have and refer you to other programs or local services.
Resource Centre Resources
- computers with word processing programs and internet access for employment related use
- fax machine and photocopier (at no cost)
- occupational outlooks, labour market information, wage information and resource material on starting your own business
- local industrial and business directories
- college, university and apprenticeship information
- information regarding local training opportunities and community employment programs
- books and computerized self-assessment tools for career exploration and decision making
- friendly staff to introduce you to available resources.